As with previous issues of my event series from Top Cow, here’s a one-stop-shopping collection of reviews for Artifacts #4. The issue marks the completion of the first arc of the 13-issue series, and Michael Broussard’s swansong as penciler. Issue #5 is already in the can, with While Portacio taking over on pencils, Joe Weems on inks and Sunny Gho on colors. Obviously I’m a bit biased, but I think the Artifacts #5 pages are some of Whilce’s best work ever, and Joe’s inks and Sunny’s colors are meshing seamlessly. Whilce’s two-page Blood Sword/Ian Nottingham origin in issue #4 is an appetizer for what’s to come.
Issue #5, which introduces Cyberforce into the storyline, will be in stores on Jan. 26, the same day that the Artifacts vol. 1 TPB hits shelves. The TPB collects issue #0 and issues #1-#4, as well as a cover gallery and other extras, for a bargain price of $9.99.
- Player Affinity: http://playeraffinity.com/comic-reviews/Artifacts4Review.html
- Guerilla Geek: http://www.guerrillageek.com/2010/12/artifacts-4-review/
- Comic Vine: http://www.comicvine.com/news/early-review-artifacts-4/142681/
- Graphic Policy: http://graphicpolicy.com/2010/12/18/review-artifacts-4/
- Comic Book Jesus: http://live.hollywoodjesus.com/?p=6847
- Comic Attack: http://comicattack.net/2010/12/artifacts4rev/
- NFamous Gamers: http://www.nfamousgamers.com/reviews/books/artifacts-4